DEFINITION OF VEHICLE MOBILIZATION
According to the rules of the Mobilization Legislations, citizens, formal and semi-formal government institutions and private institutions are obliged to provide motorized and non-motorized vehicles to the Security Forces Command during mobilization announcement according to the needs of the Security Forces Command and the mobilized units and to attend the vehicle mobilization preparations, detections and trainings during times of both peace and mobilization.
THE EXTENT OF VEHICLE MOBILIZATION
1. In cases of extraordinary situations and mobilization, TRNC Security Forces Command determines the authorities and the basis and procedures of the responsibility and power of these authorities that detect the need of vehicles, do the provision plan, run and apply these procedures.
2. Vehicle Mobilization includes the TRNC formal and semi-formal government institutions, municipalities, private institutions, real and corporate individuals in the extend of vehicle mobilization and other authorities written in the Legislation and the mission, power, responsibilities and the basis and procedures required by the responsibilities of these authorities.
3. TRNC formal and semi-formal government institutions, municipalities, private institutions, real and corporate individuals in the extend of vehicle mobilization are obliged to put all the motorized and non-motorized vehicles and work machines that would be needed at stable units or units and institutions to be formed at mobilization under the TRNC Security Forces Command’s order for the purpose of preparation, detection and training at times of peace or to provide service for the Command that is given a mobilization mission order during mobilization in addition to attending the resource detection practice or providing any requested resource information.
4. The Security Forces Command provides vehicles to the Civil Defense Organization Directorate according to the stated needs in the mobilization and states of emergency.
PRINCIPLES ABOUT VEHICLE MOBILIZATION
1. The mobilization system of TRNC is ”General Mobilization”. There is no separate announcement for vehicle mobilization at extraordinary situations and mobilization.
2. According to the 4th clause of the Mobilization Law, individuals liable of vehicle mobilization should complete the self’s and vehicle’s preparations and bring the vehicle in a sturdy state along with its toolkit and spare parts to the unit or institution it was assigned to within three hours of the mobilization announcement along with the previously signed vehicle mobilization mission order by accepting and scrutinizing the “Bring Order”.
3. The vehicle and personnel mobilization is run in a coordinated manner by the TRNC Security Forces Command. The liable operator of the vehicle serves the mobilization mission at the unit that the vehicle is assigned to.
4. The owner of the vehicle is obliged to take the vehicle to the unit it is assigned to and serve until the vehicle is handed to a liable or military personnel that can operate the vehicle even if the owner is outside the age range of mobilization.
5. The supply and maintenance of all vehicles assigned to military units and institutions are done by the military unit that the vehicle is handed to after the announcement of mobilization. Special precautions are taken by units and institutions about this.
VEHICLE MOBILIZATION PREPARATIONS
1. The detection and planning of vehicle needs,
2. The detection of vehicle resource,
3. The assignment of resources according to needs and notification processes of the individuals, liable of the vehicle assigned for mobilization, with a mobilization mission order,
4. The check, call, conscription and receiving procedures of the vehicles,
5. Trial of the vehicle mobilization methods.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF INDIVIDUALS WITH VEHICLE MOBILIZATION ORDER
1. Individuals who receive vehicle mobilization mission order or individuals liable of mobilization who are placed in the resource without receiving a vehicle mobilization mission order are obliged to inform any changes in their addresses or the situation of the vehicles to the Military Recruitment and Mobilization Office Directorate within 3 days.
2. Those who are called to the Military Recruitment and Mobilization Office Directorate of the Security Forces Command for vehicle mobilization processes should come to the Office within the stated time period.
3. The location of a motorized sea, land and air vehicle or a miscellaneous machine during mobilization is documented by the vehicle mobilization mission order. Vehicle mobilization mission order is kept together with the vehicle registry document. The responsibility and liability due to this document belongs to the most recent owner of the vehicle.
4. The owner of the vehicle with an assigned vehicle mobilization order is obliged to hand the vehicle mobilization mission order to the third person while transferring the ownership of the car.
VEHICLES THAT ARE EXEMPTED OF MOBILIZATION TRIAL EXERCISES
1. The formal and private vehicles of individuals with foreign nationals and foreign diplomatic mission chiefs and all vehicle kinds of foreign government representatives are exempted of the mobilization liability.
2. Vehicles of formal, semi-formal and private institutions, with postponement orders, that are decided by the Council of Ministers to keep their normal activities under extraordinary situations and mobilization are not given vehicle mobilization mission.
3. Vehicles that are given to the use of Civil Defence by the Security Forces Command are exempted of vehicle mobilization mission.
VEHICLE MOBILIZATION TRIAL EXERCISES
1. Personnel and vehicle mobilization trial exercises are carried out together with the purposes of trying the system of vehicle mobilization and vehicle mobilization mission calls, inspecting the training of the personnel in charge of taking over the vehicle and detecting current problems to take corrective precautions.
2. Considering the need for training and the availability of budget, planned mobilization trial exercises, and when needed, backup exercises are carried out by the suggestion of the Security Forces Command and the approval of the Council of Ministers. The duration of the mobilization trial exercises does not exceed 30 days per year.
3. The preparations of the vehicle mobilization exercise invitations and notifications for Mobilization Trial Exercise and Refreshing Training is done by the Military Recruitment and Mobilization Office Directorate.
4. The vehicle mobilization mission orders are cancelled due to the occurrence of the articles written below and when they are proven by formal documents:
a. Change in the vehicle owner (with the Vehicle Registry document)
b. Death of the vehicle owner (with Death Certificate)
c. When the vehicle owner moves to reside abroad,
d. When the vehicles are wrecked.
e. When the vehicle’s registration is out of date.